The Doctor Is In!
So many of us look to the internet for advice on how was can better take care of our hair. The truth is, there are no quick fixes and happy, healthy hair is like a relationship. It has to be nurtured and loved. Part of that is evaluating your routine and assessing what you can do little by little to change up what you do regularly. I sat down with one of our lead artists, and partial owner of The HeadQuarters to get her advice on everyday hair care.
Krystin’s Hair Prescription:
- No messy buns! Always twist hair and tuck ends, securing ends with No Crease Ribbon Hair Ties.
- Braid hair on windy and sunny days!
- Sprits Tigi’s S-Factor Papaya Moisture Spray before and after swimming.
- Get regular trims in addition to TIGI SOS Treatments! Krystin recommends scheduling every five weeks with your stylist.
- Use heat protectant before styling with irons and blowdrying.
- Stay hydrated and take biotin daily! Healthy hair starts from with good overall health.
- Use appropriate shampoo and conditioner that has been recommended by your stylist. Never trust products sold outside of a salon. They may be expired or watered down.
- Never brush when wet! Use a wide tooth comb to detangle hair.
- Never, never, never go to bed with your hair wet. Your hair is most fragile when it is wet and the friction from your pillow will rough up your cuticles causing breakage and frizz.
- Sleep on a satin pillowcase!
- Try sleeping with your hair in a high ponytail, secured with a scrunchy.
Using these steps, you can nurse your hair back to health. Remember that it also takes patience and dedication.
Krystin Avant is a graduate of the Aveda Institute with more than 12 years experience. She’s taken classes with Tigi in both New York and Dallas. She has owned The HeadQuarters for nearly 5 years.
The Doctor Is Out!
Written by Beth Harrell